Published 1901. (200 Kb)
- Pair the phone and your PC.
- Copy the .jar to the phone.
- The phone may ask you to choose a destination for the file, there should be some 'application' area available.
(See howstuffworks or
wikipedia for some background on bluetooth).
Your phone may have a USB connector and manager software.
- Run the manager program.
- Copy the .jar file to a folder in the phone.
Note: The manager software provided with some phone models (eg.LG model U8360)
may not install JavaTM programs to the phone. You will need a Java uploader, for example
Game-Thing offers a fantastic Java uploader that
also does many of the ' vanilla ' manager tasks (like transferring photos) much better than some phone software.
Direct to phone "over the air"
If you can access the Internet from your phone then:
- Use the phone's browser to navigate to http://mobile.booksinmyphone.com
- Download directly by quoting the Download Code for the desired book.
- The Download Code appears on each book's page.
- Click on the link for the book you want to download
- The phone should prompt you to install it. Usually this is a two click process; the first to fetch details of the download, and the second to allow installation.